Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Great Time at Home...


What can I say? Being able to be home for a break from the end of November through mid-January, and home for the holidays for the first time in three years, was truly a gift. Good times with family and great friends, good food, great connection time with my church family, a zillion choices, and most everything in my own language – wow! (Look - it's me, Mom and Dad at Christmas - so cute!)

I didn’t get to go to all the places I wanted to go, like to my family in Kansas, so that’s on the agenda for the next time I’m home (which I’m not sure when that will be). But, all-in-all, the time home was refreshing and thought-provoking. I come away each time with a thankfulness for my parents and family, amazing friends and supportive church…and, of course, the wonderful Seattle coffee. (Picture on right: good friends, hanging out)

Here I am, speaking at my home church.....and celebrating my 33rd birthday with good friends


2 comments:

Amy said...

I stumbled upon your blog and am so excited to be able to reconnect with you this way! It has truely been too long. Germany looks and sounds wonderful. I can't wail to hear more about it.
Your old pal,
Amy

PS-No glasses? Did you have lasik? WOW!!!!

paradiseiswaitin said...

is that dawnita in that pic at ur bday party? It looks like her, but it also looks like someone else from wg. Anyways awesome blog! I might start one up on here someday, my friend Elika wants to get me a website, blogspot is free right? -Olga